Sterilization of baby bottlesAs a must-have item for babies, many mothers must say, "I will use boiling water to flush the bottle tomorrow, will the bottle still be unclean?"
But in fact, the sterilization temperature and time requirements for several common bacteria are as follows:
- E. coli: 75°C, 1 minute kill
- Staphylococcus: 70℃, 6~10 minutes to kill
- Salmonella: 60℃, 10~20 minutes to kill
Therefore, rinsing with boiling water only temporarily damages the bacteria, but does not kill them. In order to eliminate them completely, you need to learn the correct disinfection method.
☞How to clean the bottle?
- Discard the leftover milk for the baby in time. Prevent milk from fermenting, moldy and bacteria in the bottle, making it more difficult to clean;
- Clean the bottle. You can use a bottle brush to clean the inner wall of the bottle, remove the milk valve, etc., you need to pay special attention to the bottleneck and spiral that are easy to miss;
- Do not use daily detergent, but use special cleaning liquid for baby bottles and pacifiers to ensure safety and hygiene. If the bottle has accumulated fat deposits that are difficult to clean, and the lipids have deteriorated, then it is best for Mom and Dad to consider changing to a new bottle.
- Turn over the pacifier. Turn the nipple over first and clean it carefully with a nipple brush. The area near the nipple hole is relatively thin, so be careful not to let it crack. When washing, pay attention to cleaning the milk scale in the nipple hole to ensure that the milk outlet on the nipple remains intact. unobstructed.
- The main methods of sterilization of milk bottles are high temperature sterilization and steam sterilization, and mothers can choose by themselves. The specific operation methods are as follows:
- High temperature disinfection method
- 1. If it is a glass feeding bottle, you can put it into a pot with cold water, wait for 5 to 10 minutes after the water boils, then put in plastic products such as pacifiers and bottle caps, cover the pot and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, then turn off the heat , wait until the water is slightly cool, then use a sterilized bottle clip to remove the nipple and bottle cap, and then put it back on the bottle after drying.
- 2. If it is a plastic feeding bottle, after the water is boiled, put the feeding bottle and accessories together in the pot, boil for 3 to 5 minutes (do not cook for too long, otherwise it will be easily deformed), and then use a sterilized feeding bottle clamp to hold the feeding bottle, Clip out the accessories, drain and put away.
- Steam sterilization
- Put the milk bottle into the steam pot and fix it well; the specific water volume and time setting are operated according to the instructions. After putting in the clean water, cover the lid and press the switch to start the disinfection. After the operation stops, use a clean clip to remove the milk bottle. Dry.
- Newborn babies: It is best to use sterilized feeding bottles for each feeding.
- In order to ensure the disinfection effect, if the bottle is not used again within 24 hours after disinfection, it is best to re-sterilize it before the next use. Especially for small babies and babies with weak immunity, it is necessary to strictly control the disinfection of feeding bottles in order to effectively reduce the chance of babies getting sick from the mouth.
- After the full moon: The scientific approach should be to disinfect once every 3 days, usually with boiling water. The frequency of disinfection should not be too high, otherwise the baby's stomach will be difficult to adapt to foreign food in the future.
- After 6 months: bottle disinfection should last at least until the baby is 5 to 6 months old. After that, the disinfection interval can be increased, for example, once every 7-10 days.
Sterilization of pacifiers
The small and cute pacifier is very popular with mothers, because it can not only be used to train the baby's sucking and swallowing ability, but also has the function of self-soothing.
However, if the pacifier is not cleaned in time, or not cleaned thoroughly, those dirty bacteria can easily penetrate into the baby's mouth through the pacifier, causing the baby's oral infection!
In addition, in addition to the pacifier, the pacifier on the baby's bottle should also be carefully cleaned. How to clean the pacifier?
- Whether it is the pacifier on the bottle or the pacifier, it should be cleaned before and after use, and it should be cleaned immediately if it falls on the ground. Disinfect at least once a day. Common pacifier sterilization methods are: high temperature sterilization and steam sterilization!High temperature sterilization method: firstly rinse the inside and outside of the nipple and the edges with warm water, and then use boiling water for disinfection. The boiling water disinfection time should be boiled for 3 to 5 minutes to avoid scalding the nipple. If the time is too long, the viscosity of the surface of the nipple will increase, and pores will appear, which will not only speed up the aging of the nipple, but also easily remain germs in the pores.Steam sterilization method: first rinse the nipple with warm water, put it in a steamer and steam it with hot water for 12-15 minutes, which can kill most of the pathogenic bacteria without damaging the silicone material.
- After cleaning the pacifier, dry the pacifier and put it in a clean and dry place. It is best to store the pacifier separately!
- Once the pacifier is found to be deformed, cracked or damaged, it needs to be discarded immediately.
Disinfection of teether
Babies of 4-10 months start to grow teeth, and at this time they like to "nibble" everywhere.
Recommend:Wholesale Silicone Teether Supplies
Many mothers buy some teething sticks to help their babies in order to relieve the "itchy teeth" of their babies when they are teething. These molar sticks full of baby saliva will also affect the baby's body if they are not disinfected on time.
☞How to clean the molar stick?
- Most of the molar sticks are made of edible silica gel. The high temperature resistant molar sticks can be sterilized by high temperature. After cleaning, boil them with boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes according to the instructions for use of the molar sticks. Avoid prolonged cooking to avoid damage to the gutta-percha. . At the same time, try to add as much water as possible during the cooking process so that the gutta-percha does not touch the inner wall of the container.
- If the teether is not resistant to high temperature, it can be washed with warm water and bottle cleaner, then rinsed with clean water, and then wiped with a clean towel before use.
- Put the sterilized and dried molar stick in a clean sealed bag, and do not mix it with other unsterilized items. The life of the molar stick is generally about 3 months, and mothers should remember to replace it regularly.
Pillow covers, saliva pockets, masks
Baby spitting up milk at night, sweating in summer, crying tears and some head stains of newborns, etc., will be left on the pillow where the baby sleeps, and the damp stain environment will accumulate on the pillow, which is very easy to breed bacteria.
Recommend: Best baby feeding food catcher bib with pocket
The problem of saliva towels is even more serious. It is stained with saliva and various residual milk supplements. While it is tied around the baby's neck, the mold is growing wildly...
Now that the flu is raging in winter, many mothers have bought masks for their babies to prevent the flu, but many mothers don't pay attention to their usage habits.
☞How to clean baby towels, saliva towels and masks
- Baby pillow covers should be replaced with new pillow covers in time after the baby spit up milk and sweat, and do not wait until there are obvious stains on the pillow covers before replacing. After each cleaning of the pillow towel, put it in a dry and ventilated place to dry.
- Do not wait for the saliva towel to be soaked and dirty before changing it. It should be changed regularly. The saliva towel should be changed every 3-4 hours when the baby's saliva is strong, and after changing it, do not reuse it!
- Pillow towels and saliva towels used by babies do not need to use strong decontamination detergents, but use ordinary safe detergents and wash them separately from adult clothes.
- The mask worn by the baby, whether it is a cotton mask to keep out the cold or a medical surgical mask, should be cleaned after each wearing, and dried in a ventilated place, preferably in the sun; In a clean bag, fold the side close to the nose and mouth inward. If damaged or contaminated, it should be replaced in time.