Does a small teether have a big effect?Physiologically, teether can massage the baby's gums, relieve various discomforts during teething, and exercise the baby's chewing and biting movements. Psychologically, teether can soothe the baby's irritability and increase the baby's sense of security. Specifically, teether has a great effect on babies in different stages of the oral stage:
- Phase 1: 2-5 months
- Stage 2: 6 months
- The third stage: the growth of four upper and lower teeth
- Stage 4: 1-2 years old
The benefits of silicone teethers are many:
- Water resistance: closed cell structure, non-absorbent, moisture-proof and water-resistant.
- Corrosion resistance: It is resistant to chemical corrosion such as grease, acid and alkali.
- Environmental performance: antibacterial, non-toxic, odorless, non-polluting.
- Anti-bite performance: high resilience and tension resistance, high toughness, good shock resistance and cushioning performance, very suitable for the production of teeth grinding products, do not worry about the baby biting the gum.
When using teether, pay attention to:
- Ensure the quality of gutta percha. The teether is an item that the baby directly touches and chews for a long time. Mom must buy a reliable brand to ensure the safety of the teether material and ensure the health of the baby.
- Choose a toothpaste that is suitable for your baby. There are many kinds of baby's teether, various color shapes, pacifier type, voice, anti-shedding, etc. These varieties of teether have their own characteristics, but the most important thing is that the baby likes it. Bao mothers should pay attention to choosing teethers that can arouse the baby's interest and are suitable for playing.
- It is recommended that mothers prepare two to three gutta-perchas. As a result, it can effectively avoid the situation of forgetting to bring it, and it is also convenient to replace, which can be cleaned and replaced regularly. Baby's interest in a teether or toy is always short-lived, and it is often hidden for a replacement to keep the baby interested.
- The gutta-percha needs to be cleaned frequently. Silica gel or rubber gutta-percha will generate static electricity and easily absorb dust and bacteria, so regular cleaning is required. Many foreign brands of gutta-percha are not suitable for long-term cooking and disinfection in boiling water due to the material, so you should pay attention when using it to avoid aging of the gutta-percha.
How to sterilize silicone teether?
When the baby is teething, the gums are very uncomfortable and itchy. The baby often relieves the discomfort of the gums by biting his fingers or the toys around him. Parents will also buy teething sticks, teethers and other things for the baby to grind their teeth. But for the health of the baby, the teether needs to be disinfected. So, how to disinfect the baby's teether?
First of all, different gutta-perchas have different disinfection methods. Some gutta-perchas will be deformed when boiled at high temperature. Some gutta-perchas can be sterilized with a disinfection cabinet and high-temperature boiling water. When sterilizing the gutta-percha, scald it with boiling water or steam it with steam. It can't be boiled for too long, about five minutes.
Secondly, parents can also choose to soak the teether in warm water, use food-grade detergent to clean it, then rinse it with clean warm water, dry the water to avoid the growth of bacteria, and put the teether in the refrigerator to freeze. It has the effect of disinfection. In summer, the teether is frozen so that the baby likes to bite, and it can also help the baby to cool down.
Another point is that the teether is an item that the baby directly touches with the mouth. Parents should pay attention to the quality of the teether when buying the teether. You can prepare a few more teether, which can not only be convenient for changing and washing, but also avoid the situation of missing it when you go out. There are a variety of colors and shapes, which can stimulate the baby's interest and curiosity, and let the baby use it alternately.